tikabelle

Reading the Bricks

There are books and bricks and books that could easily function as bricks. Also published at: http://readingthebricks.blogspot.com/

Gone with the Wind
Margaret Mitchell
The Count of Monte Cristo
Alexandre Dumas, ALEXANDER DUMAS, Alexander Dumas Pere

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead - I saw the movie version of this with my dad when I was perhaps 12; I had no idea who Hamlet was (although I suspected he looked a lot like Mel Gibson at the time) and only vaguely understood that Shakespeare was A Thing. However, despite my lack of knowledge about the actual subject matter Stoppard was referencing, I laughed and laughed and then cocked my head at the end and said, "huh?" - as one so often does with Stoppard. My dad and I have been playing the Question Game for 20 years now, and "heads" has become shorthand for "that's weird." I was an assistant stage manager on a production of it once in college, and if you think the finished product is amusing you should see the shenanigans that happen during rehearsal.This play has also fueled my love of Hamlet (as opposed to the other way 'round), and from there my love of Shakespeare.